6.01.2009

procrastination

This has been a busy week. Not with photography. I really wish that it had but with other crafty things. I will put it this way. Thursday cupcakes for SIL birthday, also Thursday tiered cake for friend/client then Friday more cupcakes for a client bridal shower, Saturday video taping a family friends wedding activities. I am kinda weird because I thrive on stressful or fast paced situations.

I actually did a tiny test on myself in high school. The middle of the year was encroaching and I was curious as to whether or not I would score better under pressure in a procrastinating-scramble-to-get-the-work-done state or in a organized and timely study-prepare-rough draft-revise-final thing. So I knew what the assignment was and I had 6 weeks to turn it in with all of the drafts and the information gathered yadda yadda. When I handed in the assignment that had been finished for more than a week I felt unsure about it. I knew that I had rewritten it so many times that I wasn't sure if it was my best work. B.
Then came a similar assignment just different semester. Well this one I decided to tackle like I normally did my work. Procrastinate. I waited till the week it was due... I did read the book and did research like in the first case I just didn't start working on actual product till the week of. I stayed up all night typing on my computer that didn't even have the internet yet. It could have I guess being dial-up had I actually had a long enough phone cord. Any way. The night before I stayed up typing the final draft until 4 am and I had an A-hour class and got one hour of sleep. A+ with extra credit essay question answered. Ever since this little experiment I try to keep on top of things without getting so behind that I procrastinate. For some reason as an adult procrastination isn't as easily marked. So when I grew up and had kids and started a business the whole thing went out the window. Under extreme pressure I still function well though I have learned to try and organize some things better though. My kids are not a thing I can procrastinate on, photography again not something that can be procrastinated on, crafty things though.... I perhaps procrastinate a tincy too much. Yup I have a shelf full of items that would love to be finished.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment